What We Do

If you suddenly receive a devastating medical diagnosis, how do you cope? What happens if your parent suddenly becomes disabled and can no longer live independently? Is there money for supportive living arrangements? How do you know if you are eligible for Medicaid? When should you ask for a second opinion, and from whom? What can you do if your insurance claim is denied? How do you learn of the best treatment for a medical condition? Which hospital provides the highest quality of care? Have you documented the kind of crisis care you wish in a worst-case scenario? What if a loved one experiences a medical emergency and you must immediately apply for Medicaid, Social Security disability benefits, and/or veterans’ benefits? How do you help an aging parent transition to a less independent life style? How can you talk to them about the possibility? How do you get copies of your medical records? What if they contain errors? How do you make sense of the ACA? How can you negotiate the costs of medical treatment? If you are a veteran, how do you know which benefits are available to you? Why might you need to consult an estate planning attorney even though you are not wealthy?

There are just a few of the challenges you can face with no warning.

Pilot Health Advocates, Inc. ® is a full-service firm providing individuals and families with healthcare navigation. Our mission is to compassionately support and optimize your choices through education and planning, as well as comprehensive assistance including hospital bedside service, coaching you to advocate for a loved one, monitoring your parents’ care from afar, or handling the seemingly endless, always confusing, paperwork that accompanies a critical medical condition.

2 Responses to What We Do

  1. Luke Casipe on January 15, 2015 at 10:02 pm

    Issues when applying for Healthcare

  2. Emily on March 27, 2015 at 6:10 pm

    Hi, my daughter is 45, on SSI for PTSD and lives in San Francisco. She needs a Medical Advocate/private case manager to assist her in getting to appointments, taking her medication and related needs. She has had some life threatening medical issues in the past but still manages to get around (on foot.) I live in Washington State and at this time she is not willing to relocate back here.

    Do you know of any private agencies in the area that provide this type of assistance ie; an individual to be there to advocate for her and help her get more stable? This would be a private pay on my part.

    Thanks much for any suggestions,

    Emily K.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *